Of most interest to my target audience will of course be the mining of Zcash. To that end I have put together a bare bones post on available Zcash mining information as we approach launch to get to the most relevant information without wading through an entire article.
Launch date: October 28, 2016
- Algorithm: Equihash (whitepaper)
- Block Time: 2.5 minutes
- Block Reward: 12.5 Zcash* (10 miner – 2.5 founder reward**)
- Difficulty adjustment: Every block, Digishield V3
- Reward halving period: Every 4 years (same as Bitcoin)
- Total coin supply: 21,000,000 (same as Bitcoin)
*Subject to slow start during the initial 20,000 blocks that will gradually increase the block reward from 0 to 12.5
** Division of each PoW block reward between miners and Zcash team:
– 80% (10 ZEC) to miners, 20% (2.5 ZEC) to Zcash team, from genesis block to first halving of the block reward (approximately four years later)
– 100% to miners thereafter
– transaction fees paid 100% to miners throughout
Claymore ZCash AMD Announcement thread (Version 2.0 is the latest, download links in thread)
This post will be added to as new information becomes available. Feel free to add any suggestions or additions in the comments section below.
Important Note: All information is being taken from public sources and is being offered as informational only! Since Zcash is still in beta the author cannot attest to the the veracity or reputation of any links or software. As with all things, due diligence on the part of the user is required. Please scan all sites and downloads with tools such as VirusTotal before attempting to access and/or download content. Use best practice techniques such as installing software in a sand-boxed environment and not on your main machine, or especially any machine with crytocurrency wallets or other sensitive data.